Shipping, Returns, Custom Orders and Frequently Asked Questions:
- When will my order ship:
- Orders placed by Noon (EST) Monday thru Friday ship the same day. Orders placed on Saturday or Sunday ship on the following business day.
- When will my order arrive?
- All gift baskets, including bakery items are shipped from Pennsylvania. Transit times are as follows using Ground Shipping: See Map Below.
- 1- 2 days Ground Transit Time: PA, NJ, NY, DE, VA, MD, DC, WV, OH, IN, RI, CT, MA, ME, NH, VT, GA, FL, SC, NC, VA, TN, AL, IL, MI
- 3 - 4 Days Ground Transit Time: CO, MO, NM, AZ, MT, WY, KS, NE, OK, SD, ND, IA, MN, TX, LA, MS, AR
- 5 days Ground Transit Time: WA, OR, CA, ID, NV, UT
- We also offer expedited shipping methods using USPS Priority Mail which will arrive in 2- 3 days or UPS next day or 2nd day guarantee.
- During the months of May thru August, baskets containing Fruit or Perishable items that are ordered on a Friday ship the following business day due to shipping carrier warehouse temperature conditions. We use ice gel packs and thermal packaging for all perishable items during these months to keep items as cool as possible. We do recommend you select USPS Priority Mail or UPS 2nd day shipping methods during these times.
Gift Basket and Bakery Orders, Frequently asked Questions and Answers:
Schedule a Delivery Date Option for Wine Gift Baskets: For your convenience, we offer a future delivery date option during the order process along with a comments section to schedule a wine gift basket shipment according to when the recipient may sign for the package so that we may provide you with a positive and pleasant shopping experience. Once an order has been placed and shipped, the shipping address information associated with the order cannot be modified and the order cannot be redirected to a different address. Once an order is shipped, we will email you a shipping confirmation email including order tracking number information. Delivery Addresses Accepted for Delivering Wine Gift Baskets: Yes, we can ship to any Residential or Commercial/Business Address located in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, as long as the package can be signed for by a 21+ adult signature and can provide proof of age documentation. No, we cannot ship wine gift baskets to a PO Box. According to Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board, we cannot hand deliver a wine gift basket. No exceptions. All wine gift baskets are shipped UPS with tracking information along with you being able to follow the delivery schedule. When will my recipient receive their Wine Gift Basket? We provide a 1-3 Day Delivery Transit Time for your gift recipient to receive their wine gift basket from us located at a residential or business address located in Pennsylvania. A 3 day transit time may apply to rural areas of Western Pennsylvania. Orders placed by noon Monday through Friday ship the same day, except on holiday where UPS may have delayed shipping times.
Shipping Wine Gift Baskets
Age Restrictions and Signature Requirements:
- All persons purchasing or receiving alcoholic beverages in the state of Pennsylvania must be at least 21 years of age and affirm that I am, you are atleast 21 years old and able to purchase wine on this website.
- At this time, we can only ship wine gift baskets to a residential or business address location in the state of Pennsylvania. Out of state purchases may purchase wine gift baskets from us, as long as the delivery address is located in Pennsylvania, no PO Boxes.
- Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board (PLCB) and UPS regulations for delivering alcohol require a signature of an adult (age 21 or older) who must sign for receipt of the package at the time of delivery. Verification of age is required at the time of delivery. Failure to produce age verification forfeits the right to receive the shipment until identification is produced.
- UPS will make three attempts to deliver the order containing wine. After the third attempt, the order will be returned to company/shipper/seller "Goldspan Gift Baskets" by UPS, where company/shipper/seller reserves the right to charge a 50% restocking fee upon receipt of the undeliverable package.
- What if we provided an incorrect or incomplete address?
- If we are provided an incorrect shipping address during the order process, we cannot change the address or re-route the package that is already in transit. The package will be returned back to us. You will be contacted and will be given the option to re-ship the package at an additional charge or we will issue you a credit less the initial shipping charge and reserve the right to charge a 35% restocking fee.
- What if the gift is going to a hospital?
- If a gift is being shipped to a hospital for a patient, it is delivered to a receiving area. From there, the hospital staff brings the package to a patient's room. This process could delay the package from being delivered to a recipient for several hours and, depending on the time of day that it is initially delivered, the package might not get to the recipient until the next day. This process is to ensure the safety and privacy of the patients in the hospital. Please note: If you select your gift to be delivered on the weekend, its delivery can be delayed by this process.
- What if the gift is going to a college?
- If a gift is being shipped to a college, the package is most often delivered to the Campus Mail Room. This occurs even when an exact address, complete with door number, is on a package. This is a security measure most colleges put in place to ensure the safety of their students. Please note: If you select your gift to be delivered on the weekend, its delivery can be delayed by this process.
- What if the gift is going to a business?
- If a gift is being shipped to a business, FedEx and UPS will deliver the package to the designated area where they deliver all other packages to the company. This may be a receiving area, a welcome desk, or an administrative desk. Many companies do not allow the delivery drivers to enter an office in pursuit of a recipient, so once the package has been signed for, it is the companiesâ€™ responsibility to make sure the gift reaches the correct person.
- Returns Policy
- Please contact us within 3 business days and let us know the reason for return, we will provide you with instructions on how to return the item back to us. If the item was damaged in shipping, contact us as soon as possible so that we may process a claim with the shipping carrier and a photo of the damaged shipment. Once we receive the item back, we will issue you a refund less the original shipping cost. Customer is responsible for cost of return shipping. You can expect to receive your refund within 48 - 72 hours upon receipt of return. Custom orders are not returnable unless it falls under the carrier damage policy.
- Substitution Policy
- We work hard to make your gift as close as the photo and description shown on our website. Occasionally, we may run out of a specific item. While this does not occur often, we reserve the right to substitute the unavailable item for a different item of equal or greater value including containers and other gift packaging.
- Custom Order Policy
- Custom Orders are items or quantities that may not be considered a regular stock product Once a special order is placed and payment is processed, it cannot be cancelled or modified due to inventories that we may not regularly stock. Certain items may be substituted with customer acknowledgement such as certain food items or gifts placed inside the basket.
- We do not ship to PO Boxes. All items must be tracked for delivery purposes in the event a proof of delivery is required by GPS tracking.